Nappy Roots just don’t know how to be anything but completely honest. Fresh off their openly candid, Booth-approved last single Congratulations, the Southern soaked quintet wear their hearts on their sleeves…I mean mics on their sleeves…I mean hearts on their mics…whatever, you get what I’m going for…on new single Hey Love. Constant production collaborators Organized Noize lay down an appropriately romantic yet dark beat for emcees Skinny Deville, B. Stille, Ron Clutch, Big V. and Fish Scales to lay down their lyrical meditations on, digging deep into a love that keeps you coming back, even if it’d be better for everyone involved if you just walked away. Throw in a gritty hook from Samuel Christian and you’ve got a record everyone can relate to; or at least everyone who’s actually been in a relationship. Does this slow burner get you in the mood to show the Nappy Roots some love? You’re in luck. Their upcoming album Nappy Dot Org is set to hit our eardrums on September 27 and be sure to catch one of the best live shows around when the DJBooth-presented Nappy Dot Org Tour hits your city.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/15/11
Submit your Rating
Nappy Roots Ent Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Got It Where's It At" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.