Nappy Roots just don’t know how to be anything but completely honest. Fresh off their openly candid, Booth-approved last single Congratulations, the Southern soaked quintet wear their hearts on their sleeves…I mean mics on their sleeves…I mean hearts on their mics…whatever, you get what I’m going for…on new single Hey Love. Constant production collaborators Organized Noize lay down an appropriately romantic yet dark beat for emcees Skinny Deville, B. Stille, Ron Clutch, Big V. and Fish Scales to lay down their lyrical meditations on, digging deep into a love that keeps you coming back, even if it’d be better for everyone involved if you just walked away. Throw in a gritty hook from Samuel Christian and you’ve got a record everyone can relate to; or at least everyone who’s actually been in a relationship. Does this slow burner get you in the mood to show the Nappy Roots some love? You’re in luck. Their upcoming album Nappy Dot Org is set to hit our eardrums on September 27 and be sure to catch one of the best live shows around when the DJBooth-presented Nappy Dot Org Tour hits your city.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/15/11
Submit your Rating
Nappy Roots Ent Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Got It Where's It At" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.