The Nappy Roots have been on something of a a Booth hot streak lately – judging by the reader response to mixtape cut P.O.N. (off SMKA‘s The 808 Experiment (Vol. 2)) and recently-released lead single Ride, the Kentucky quintet’s latest full-length will make 4/20 a good day for both the stoned and sober. In the meantime, the Southern heavyweights are back on our front page to tide fans over with a new, unreleased cut which finds Skinny Deville, Fish Scales, B. Stille, Big V and Ron Clutch Dippin’ & Dodgin’ alongside Philly/Atlanta dual representative STS (formerly known as Sugar Tongue Slim). Here, Tree Sound beatsmith Blake‘s funky keyboard-guitar sample sets the stage for verses that, though less focused than those the Nappy Roots delivered on their last couple features, come packed with enough agile braggadocio to please discerning lyrical heads. Will D&D be another entry in the group’s DJBooth hit parade? That’s for you to decide. In any case, readers who like what they’re hearing should remember to take a detour to the record store and grab their own copies of Pursuit of Nappyness while out on the all-important 4/20 snack run.
Written by richard on 02/14/10
Submit your Rating
Nappy Roots Ent Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Got It Where's It At" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.