The group may be a little smaller, but the music is still as dope as before. Always introspective, but never corny, Nappy Roots continue to offer quality product. The Kentucky collective maintain their down south underground appeal with standout cut Bigga Thomas, featuring Booth regular Johnny Spanish, from their recently-released mixtape Sh!t’s Beautiful. Ghost Beats was tagged for production duties on the track and he doesn’t disappoint with a catchy piano and driving drums, setting the tone for potent lyrical gems from Skinny Deville and the crew. Sh!t’s Beautiful was released last week, for free via AllHipHop.com. Download it today and look out for more from Nappy Roots collectively and on various solo projects in the future.
Written by WriterJones on 07/3/12
Submit your Rating
Nappy Roots Ent Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Got It Where's It At" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.