As I type these words, it’s 1:22 in the afternoon, but according to my computer clock, which is set on EST to correspond to DJBooth.net’s official schedule, it’s 2:22. If you’re reading this, however, it’s likely quite a bit later in the evening—unless you’re in a completely different time zone, or you’re simply enjoying a leisurely scroll through the Booth archives at some unspecified point in the future. In any case, none of that makes the slightest bit of difference to a certain reader-acclaimed, Kentucky-based rap quintet—as far as Fish Scales, Skinny DeVille, B. Stille, Ron Clutch, and Big V are concerned, it’s always time for the Nappy Roots to “get it.” Personally delivered to our inbox by Scales, Booth-exclusive cut 123 finds the Roots showing and telling exactly why they’re known as Southern hip-hop legends over a hard-hitting, gunshot-fortified instrumental by Slick (of Slickbeatz). With a larger-than-life sound and plenty of outsized braggadocio to match, 123 won’t disappoint the group’s many devotees, and the “Booth-exclusive” stamp of approval only makes this Southern banger all the sweeter.
Written by richard on 07/14/09
Submit your Rating
Nappy Roots Ent Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Got It Where's It At" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.