The other day, I spent an hour picking out a restaurant for lunch with a friend from out of town, only to arrive and find out that it was closed till dinnertime. Booth newcomer Naomi Pilgrim shares my unfortunate tendency to make meticulous plans, but overlook the crucial detail that makes the whole arrangement fall apart—in fact, promo single No Gun is essentially a laundry list of such occurrences. Given the series of misbegotten events and ironic (in the Alanis Morrissette sense) pratfalls the Swedish/Barbadian singer recounts over Fredrik Okazaki‘s quirky pop production, it’s a wonder she didn’t lose her voice on the way to the studio or misplace her lyrics sheet; miraculously, though, all the pieces fall into place to form a damn fine record. Feeling it? Then stay tuned. This joint isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Pilgrim’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)