The other day, I spent an hour picking out a restaurant for lunch with a friend from out of town, only to arrive and find out that it was closed till dinnertime. Booth newcomer Naomi Pilgrim shares my unfortunate tendency to make meticulous plans, but overlook the crucial detail that makes the whole arrangement fall apart—in fact, promo single No Gun is essentially a laundry list of such occurrences. Given the series of misbegotten events and ironic (in the Alanis Morrissette sense) pratfalls the Swedish/Barbadian singer recounts over Fredrik Okazaki‘s quirky pop production, it’s a wonder she didn’t lose her voice on the way to the studio or misplace her lyrics sheet; miraculously, though, all the pieces fall into place to form a damn fine record. Feeling it? Then stay tuned. This joint isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Pilgrim’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.