The other day, I spent an hour picking out a restaurant for lunch with a friend from out of town, only to arrive and find out that it was closed till dinnertime. Booth newcomer Naomi Pilgrim shares my unfortunate tendency to make meticulous plans, but overlook the crucial detail that makes the whole arrangement fall apart—in fact, promo single No Gun is essentially a laundry list of such occurrences. Given the series of misbegotten events and ironic (in the Alanis Morrissette sense) pratfalls the Swedish/Barbadian singer recounts over Fredrik Okazaki‘s quirky pop production, it’s a wonder she didn’t lose her voice on the way to the studio or misplace her lyrics sheet; miraculously, though, all the pieces fall into place to form a damn fine record. Feeling it? Then stay tuned. This joint isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Pilgrim’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.