Though Naomi Pilgrim‘s first Booth feature, hard-luck anthem No Gun, won positive reviews when it hit our front page back in October, the Barbados/Sweden dual representative has taken her sweet time getting back to us with a follow-up. Now we know why: she’s been busy dancing alone to “underground beats” in her House of Dreams. Pilgrim’s vocals on this freshly-minted single are as charming as ever, but the real star is producer Frederik Okaziki; with a stuttering rhythm section and one of the most distinctive chord progressions I’ve head in a hot minute, his beat is as addictive as it is unconventional. House of Dreams is the title track off Naomi Pilgrim’s new EP, available now in a limited edition 12” vinyl format.
Written by richard on 05/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.