With Pharell well out the picture, Vashtie Kola is well desired among the boys who flip their caps up and rock Nike SBs. While sneakers aint my thing, I’m sure a song about the artsy vixen like Violette can get my feet moving. The uptempo cut inspired by the wildly desired Vashtie comes from Nando, formerly known as “Nike Nando,” the DMV’s kid on a kickstand. After releasing The Carry-Out 3 just a few weeks ago, Nando presents a personal favorite, playing in and out of references to the beauty while maintaining stamina with a blend of wit, fantasy and everyday hints to his lifestyle. The hook “I think I’m in love” shows the young emcee’s appreciation for Q-Tips style and flavor while roduction from Chi-town’s Tall Black Guy opens Nando to get a loose with his emotions, giving him an airy beat that resembles daydreams and afternoon dates. Just from presentation, listeners can expect a mix of sounds and styles from his latest mixtape. It’s definitely not too late to give it a listen!
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 08/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music & Sound" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.