Since showing off is one of the most overdone topics in hip-hop, some listeners might not even take the time to finish reading this blurb, much less hit the play button below. If you’ve taken the time to read this far, however, you should know that Detroit rapper Nametag has brought a touch of originality to his new single, Stylin’ On Em, choosing to bypass club appeal for spins in “the bars…the trucks…the cars.” Nametag benefits from his hometown connections, as well-respected underground rapper/producer Black Milk lends a beat. Maybe the topic of being “so fresh” can be fresh after all (sounds like a contradiction, doesn’t it?) Whatever the case, look for Stylin’ On Em to appear on Nametag’s digital exclusive, Courtesy of Ambition EP, which will be available online this fall.
Written by Burmy on 08/28/08
Submit your Rating
Lead And Be Legendary
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chips ft. Nametag" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.