Since showing off is one of the most overdone topics in hip-hop, some listeners might not even take the time to finish reading this blurb, much less hit the play button below. If you’ve taken the time to read this far, however, you should know that Detroit rapper Nametag has brought a touch of originality to his new single, Stylin’ On Em, choosing to bypass club appeal for spins in “the bars…the trucks…the cars.” Nametag benefits from his hometown connections, as well-respected underground rapper/producer Black Milk lends a beat. Maybe the topic of being “so fresh” can be fresh after all (sounds like a contradiction, doesn’t it?) Whatever the case, look for Stylin’ On Em to appear on Nametag’s digital exclusive, Courtesy of Ambition EP, which will be available online this fall.
Written by Burmy on 08/28/08
Submit your Rating
Lead And Be Legendary
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chips ft. Nametag" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.