We’ve all had those days when we roll out of bed well-rested and prepared to take on whatever the day holds. Frankly, I’m not quite there this morning, but Nameluss most definitely is, and the enthusiasm he exhibits on his latest promo single is nothing if not infectious. Making its world premiere on our front page, Ready Steady finds the Utah/Idaho dual representative on a creative high. Over Ansane‘s irresistibly catchy sample work, Nameluss reveals that he penned a new song before his first cup of coffee. With work out of the way, the emcee moves on to play, spending the rest of the record spitting self-confident game to the dime piece working the counter at his local burger joint. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Ready Steady isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you up to date on Nameluss’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Underground King" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.