As you might be able to guess, Namebrand’s Whip It boasts a chorus similar to the famous “Whip it real hard,” line from Rick Ross’ 2006 debut single, Hustlin. Nonetheless, NameBrand’s authentic style will doubtless be better received by true hip-hop heads than Ross’ more mainstream-oriented sound. Producer Siege Monstracity cooks up a guitar-driven beat that sets the stage for an unapologetic, raw mic performance from the Cali native, who showcases a flow perfectly matched to the snappy, grimy boardwork. Nine30 assists on the guest tip. You can Whip It all day and all night by grabbing a copy of Namebrand’s The G.R.E.A.T Tape, available now.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.