As you might be able to guess, Namebrand’s Whip It boasts a chorus similar to the famous “Whip it real hard,” line from Rick Ross’ 2006 debut single, Hustlin. Nonetheless, NameBrand’s authentic style will doubtless be better received by true hip-hop heads than Ross’ more mainstream-oriented sound. Producer Siege Monstracity cooks up a guitar-driven beat that sets the stage for an unapologetic, raw mic performance from the Cali native, who showcases a flow perfectly matched to the snappy, grimy boardwork. Nine30 assists on the guest tip. You can Whip It all day and all night by grabbing a copy of Namebrand’s The G.R.E.A.T Tape, available now.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.