As you might be able to guess, Namebrand’s Whip It boasts a chorus similar to the famous “Whip it real hard,” line from Rick Ross’ 2006 debut single, Hustlin. Nonetheless, NameBrand’s authentic style will doubtless be better received by true hip-hop heads than Ross’ more mainstream-oriented sound. Producer Siege Monstracity cooks up a guitar-driven beat that sets the stage for an unapologetic, raw mic performance from the Cali native, who showcases a flow perfectly matched to the snappy, grimy boardwork. Nine30 assists on the guest tip. You can Whip It all day and all night by grabbing a copy of Namebrand’s The G.R.E.A.T Tape, available now.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.