As you might be able to guess, Namebrand’s Whip It boasts a chorus similar to the famous “Whip it real hard,” line from Rick Ross’ 2006 debut single, Hustlin. Nonetheless, NameBrand’s authentic style will doubtless be better received by true hip-hop heads than Ross’ more mainstream-oriented sound. Producer Siege Monstracity cooks up a guitar-driven beat that sets the stage for an unapologetic, raw mic performance from the Cali native, who showcases a flow perfectly matched to the snappy, grimy boardwork. Nine30 assists on the guest tip. You can Whip It all day and all night by grabbing a copy of Namebrand’s The G.R.E.A.T Tape, available now.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.