As you might be able to guess, Namebrand’s Whip It boasts a chorus similar to the famous “Whip it real hard,” line from Rick Ross’ 2006 debut single, Hustlin. Nonetheless, NameBrand’s authentic style will doubtless be better received by true hip-hop heads than Ross’ more mainstream-oriented sound. Producer Siege Monstracity cooks up a guitar-driven beat that sets the stage for an unapologetic, raw mic performance from the Cali native, who showcases a flow perfectly matched to the snappy, grimy boardwork. Nine30 assists on the guest tip. You can Whip It all day and all night by grabbing a copy of Namebrand’s The G.R.E.A.T Tape, available now.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/4/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.