NameBrand has moved up in the world since June of 2013, when he blessed our front page with Whip It. With the help of frequent producer Siege Monstracity, who introduced him to A&R VP Sha Money, the Long Beach native has secured a deal with Epic Records. Now, he returns toting the lead single off his first project as a major-label signee. On Suicide City, Name offers a riveting account of his struggle to succeed in a town where any day could be your last. Siege works his magic behind the boards, crafting a lush arrangement worthy of a hood epic. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the August release of The G.R.E.A.T. Tape 2.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Close" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.