NameBrand has moved up in the world since June of 2013, when he blessed our front page with Whip It. With the help of frequent producer Siege Monstracity, who introduced him to A&R VP Sha Money, the Long Beach native has secured a deal with Epic Records. Now, he returns toting the lead single off his first project as a major-label signee. On Suicide City, Name offers a riveting account of his struggle to succeed in a town where any day could be your last. Siege works his magic behind the boards, crafting a lush arrangement worthy of a hood epic. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the August release of The G.R.E.A.T. Tape 2.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Close" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.