NameBrand has moved up in the world since June of 2013, when he blessed our front page with Whip It. With the help of frequent producer Siege Monstracity, who introduced him to A&R VP Sha Money, the Long Beach native has secured a deal with Epic Records. Now, he returns toting the lead single off his first project as a major-label signee. On Suicide City, Name offers a riveting account of his struggle to succeed in a town where any day could be your last. Siege works his magic behind the boards, crafting a lush arrangement worthy of a hood epic. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the August release of The G.R.E.A.T. Tape 2.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Close" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.