I have something to admit that I’ve held it in too long and I have to come clean about. Here goes nothing…I’m a fan of pop music. Yes, the type of pop music that plays during commercials that makes you ask yourself, “What was that?” Now that my secret is off my chest, let me introduce The DJBooth to L.A. native Name Brand, who flips one of those very (undeniably-likable) pop songs featured in a commercial (Alex Clare’s Too Close) and makes it his own. With borrowed original production from Diplo & Switch, Too Close tells the story of a girl and boy who seem to be going their separate ways, and their reactions to each other during the separation. A boy with dreams and a girl with a broken heart never seem to go hand in hand, but with his first feature under his belt, will Name Brand develop a beautiful relationship with the DJBooth? Time will tell…
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/8/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.