I have something to admit that I’ve held it in too long and I have to come clean about. Here goes nothing…I’m a fan of pop music. Yes, the type of pop music that plays during commercials that makes you ask yourself, “What was that?” Now that my secret is off my chest, let me introduce The DJBooth to L.A. native Name Brand, who flips one of those very (undeniably-likable) pop songs featured in a commercial (Alex Clare’s Too Close) and makes it his own. With borrowed original production from Diplo & Switch, Too Close tells the story of a girl and boy who seem to be going their separate ways, and their reactions to each other during the separation. A boy with dreams and a girl with a broken heart never seem to go hand in hand, but with his first feature under his belt, will Name Brand develop a beautiful relationship with the DJBooth? Time will tell…
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.