I have something to admit that I’ve held it in too long and I have to come clean about. Here goes nothing…I’m a fan of pop music. Yes, the type of pop music that plays during commercials that makes you ask yourself, “What was that?” Now that my secret is off my chest, let me introduce The DJBooth to L.A. native Name Brand, who flips one of those very (undeniably-likable) pop songs featured in a commercial (Alex Clare’s Too Close) and makes it his own. With borrowed original production from Diplo & Switch, Too Close tells the story of a girl and boy who seem to be going their separate ways, and their reactions to each other during the separation. A boy with dreams and a girl with a broken heart never seem to go hand in hand, but with his first feature under his belt, will Name Brand develop a beautiful relationship with the DJBooth? Time will tell…
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.