I have something to admit that I’ve held it in too long and I have to come clean about. Here goes nothing…I’m a fan of pop music. Yes, the type of pop music that plays during commercials that makes you ask yourself, “What was that?” Now that my secret is off my chest, let me introduce The DJBooth to L.A. native Name Brand, who flips one of those very (undeniably-likable) pop songs featured in a commercial (Alex Clare’s Too Close) and makes it his own. With borrowed original production from Diplo & Switch, Too Close tells the story of a girl and boy who seem to be going their separate ways, and their reactions to each other during the separation. A boy with dreams and a girl with a broken heart never seem to go hand in hand, but with his first feature under his belt, will Name Brand develop a beautiful relationship with the DJBooth? Time will tell…
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.