Something about that slow heavy bass…*shivers*. A good rhyme dripping over the right cadence will have you floating like spaceships. That’s what Naledge did, riding so smoothly over an impromptu recording of Nah N***a. An appearance at SoundScape Studios inspired the Kidz In The Hall member to go straight in on a Nez & Rio beat, undressing every part of the cymbals with a mild-tempered, no-holds barred release. With no agenda but rocking, the emcee spits a cohesive reminder of who he is, where he’s from (with a nod to Chicago’s Timbuck2 and Jerry Azumah) and what’s to come. Although this one verse, no hook drop was short, the mystery of the production style paired with the spontaneous recording leaves you wanting to hear more. Get the science from the duo as Kidz In The Hall expects to release their next project, Occasion, on Naledge’s own Brainiac Society, in connection with Duck Down Records and E1, on November 22.
Word to RubyHornet.com.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Marry You ft. Naledge (of Kidz in the Hall)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.