Something about that slow heavy bass…*shivers*. A good rhyme dripping over the right cadence will have you floating like spaceships. That’s what Naledge did, riding so smoothly over an impromptu recording of Nah N***a. An appearance at SoundScape Studios inspired the Kidz In The Hall member to go straight in on a Nez & Rio beat, undressing every part of the cymbals with a mild-tempered, no-holds barred release. With no agenda but rocking, the emcee spits a cohesive reminder of who he is, where he’s from (with a nod to Chicago’s Timbuck2 and Jerry Azumah) and what’s to come. Although this one verse, no hook drop was short, the mystery of the production style paired with the spontaneous recording leaves you wanting to hear more. Get the science from the duo as Kidz In The Hall expects to release their next project, Occasion, on Naledge’s own Brainiac Society, in connection with Duck Down Records and E1, on November 22.
Word to RubyHornet.com.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Marry You ft. Naledge (of Kidz in the Hall)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.