Something about that slow heavy bass…*shivers*. A good rhyme dripping over the right cadence will have you floating like spaceships. That’s what Naledge did, riding so smoothly over an impromptu recording of Nah N***a. An appearance at SoundScape Studios inspired the Kidz In The Hall member to go straight in on a Nez & Rio beat, undressing every part of the cymbals with a mild-tempered, no-holds barred release. With no agenda but rocking, the emcee spits a cohesive reminder of who he is, where he’s from (with a nod to Chicago’s Timbuck2 and Jerry Azumah) and what’s to come. Although this one verse, no hook drop was short, the mystery of the production style paired with the spontaneous recording leaves you wanting to hear more. Get the science from the duo as Kidz In The Hall expects to release their next project, Occasion, on Naledge’s own Brainiac Society, in connection with Duck Down Records and E1, on November 22.
Word to RubyHornet.com.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 09/19/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Marry You ft. Naledge (of Kidz in the Hall)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.