In a famous Greek myth, King Sisyphus of Ephyra was condemned by the gods to roll a massive boulder to the top of a hill, watch it roll to the bottom and then start all over again… for all eternity. While Naledge‘s hustle doesn’t involve quite as much heavy lifting, the Chi-Town mainstay can relate to his plight. On new solo single Forever Is Too Long, the Kidz in the Hall rhymesayer vividly evokes the frustration of grinding day-in and day-out for a big break always sparkling on the horizon. Fellow Windy City representatives Add-2 and Fooch echo the headliner’s sentiments on the guest tip. Fans will be able to find this record, February’s Life in a Corona and much more on Naledge’s Brain Power LP, scheduled for release this June.
Written by richard on 05/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Marry You ft. Naledge (of Kidz in the Hall)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.