After dropping off D.U.I. at the top of summer, Windy City rapper and Kidz In The Hall member Naledge graces the DJBooth homepage yet again with his latest song D.O.P.E. (Danger Over Paper out East). The Chi-Town emcee boldly kicks off D.O.P.E. as he raps, “Rap game ain’t sh*t don’t let ‘em tell ya different. Label’s pimpin, artist’s b**ches/ No vagina or dem breasteses, Ni**a’s steady turning heads like The Exorcist.” Producer Ikaz keeps with Naledge’s bold lyricism on the production side thanks to his intimidating mix of slightly ominous bass and other warped sounds. Naledge also recently confirmed that D.O.P.E. will be featured on his Chicago Picasso 2 project, which the rapper plans to release this fall.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Marry You ft. Naledge (of Kidz in the Hall)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.