After dropping off D.U.I. at the top of summer, Windy City rapper and Kidz In The Hall member Naledge graces the DJBooth homepage yet again with his latest song D.O.P.E. (Danger Over Paper out East). The Chi-Town emcee boldly kicks off D.O.P.E. as he raps, “Rap game ain’t sh*t don’t let ‘em tell ya different. Label’s pimpin, artist’s b**ches/ No vagina or dem breasteses, Ni**a’s steady turning heads like The Exorcist.” Producer Ikaz keeps with Naledge’s bold lyricism on the production side thanks to his intimidating mix of slightly ominous bass and other warped sounds. Naledge also recently confirmed that D.O.P.E. will be featured on his Chicago Picasso 2 project, which the rapper plans to release this fall.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Marry You ft. Naledge (of Kidz in the Hall)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)