If I had a dime for every rap record about rolling through the city streets in a gleaming whip, surrounded by good friends and beautiful women, smoking blunts and bumping your music at noise ordinance-violating levels, I’d have a whole lot of dimes. And I’d probably invite those dimes to cram into my ride for a leisurely drive through Minneapolis, the better to display my playerdom to the world. The soundtrack to this completely implausible fantasy? Cruisin’, the latest feature from Kidz in the Hall frontman and Booth regular Naledge. Coming on the heels of early August’s D.O.P.E. (Danger Over Paper Out East), the Chi-town repper’s new single finds him lacing a slow-rolling, sliced-n-diced M. Stacks beat with lazily-flowed chronicles of weed and liquor-fueled revelry. Highlife guests, delivering a phone book’s worth of shout-outs (and cracking himself the hell up) on the back end. Feeling it? More awaits on Chicago Picasso 2, coming this fall via Brainiac Society and Duck Down Records.
Written by richard on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Marry You ft. Naledge (of Kidz in the Hall)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.