If I had a dime for every rap record about rolling through the city streets in a gleaming whip, surrounded by good friends and beautiful women, smoking blunts and bumping your music at noise ordinance-violating levels, I’d have a whole lot of dimes. And I’d probably invite those dimes to cram into my ride for a leisurely drive through Minneapolis, the better to display my playerdom to the world. The soundtrack to this completely implausible fantasy? Cruisin’, the latest feature from Kidz in the Hall frontman and Booth regular Naledge. Coming on the heels of early August’s D.O.P.E. (Danger Over Paper Out East), the Chi-town repper’s new single finds him lacing a slow-rolling, sliced-n-diced M. Stacks beat with lazily-flowed chronicles of weed and liquor-fueled revelry. Highlife guests, delivering a phone book’s worth of shout-outs (and cracking himself the hell up) on the back end. Feeling it? More awaits on Chicago Picasso 2, coming this fall via Brainiac Society and Duck Down Records.
Written by richard on 09/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Marry You ft. Naledge (of Kidz in the Hall)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)