If hip-hop has taught me anything, it’s that sometimes your side chick becomes your main chick when your main chick ain’t feeling you no more. Oh, and never fall in love with your side chick. If only there was some sort of manual to keep all this stuff straight. Well…about that, enter Najee The 1, who lets us know about his side chick and how he deals with her on his latest DJBooth feature, the fittingly titled Side Chick. Produced by Ski Beatz, who was enlisted to handle the production on Najee’s entire forthcoming album, Side Chick is a mellow and laid-back tune that finds the headliner explaining that although he does care for her, she is not the only all-star on his roster. So even though Najee cares for his jumpoff, and she may very well even be the sixth man of the year, she’s definitely not getting starting time. Well, now that is depressing. Side Chick appears on DJ Quiz’s DJ Quiz Knows Another Mixtape,” but will also land on Najee’s forthcoming album.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/3/13
Submit your Rating
Hit Me Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Destined To Be" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.