Back in July, Chi-town producer Na$im Williams introduced himself to the Booth with 61 Lilies, a dreamy summer jam featuring guest bars by Windy City buzzmakers Scheme and Sulaiman. His second feature on our pages, brought to our attention by our friends at FakeShoreDrive, is equally suited to the season of its release. On Gone, the beatsmith flips Sade‘s Long Hard Road into a melancholy backdrop for Booth newcomer Doc‘s verses, which are dedicated to his late Grandmother and a fallen homie. Notably, Williams manages to incorporate trendy, trap-style hi-hat rolls without undercutting the joint’s elegiac vibe. Details have yet to be revealed on the project to which Gone will be attached, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/25/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.