Back in July, Chi-town producer Na$im Williams introduced himself to the Booth with 61 Lilies, a dreamy summer jam featuring guest bars by Windy City buzzmakers Scheme and Sulaiman. His second feature on our pages, brought to our attention by our friends at FakeShoreDrive, is equally suited to the season of its release. On Gone, the beatsmith flips Sade‘s Long Hard Road into a melancholy backdrop for Booth newcomer Doc‘s verses, which are dedicated to his late Grandmother and a fallen homie. Notably, Williams manages to incorporate trendy, trap-style hi-hat rolls without undercutting the joint’s elegiac vibe. Details have yet to be revealed on the project to which Gone will be attached, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.