Back in July, Chi-town producer Na$im Williams introduced himself to the Booth with 61 Lilies, a dreamy summer jam featuring guest bars by Windy City buzzmakers Scheme and Sulaiman. His second feature on our pages, brought to our attention by our friends at FakeShoreDrive, is equally suited to the season of its release. On Gone, the beatsmith flips Sade‘s Long Hard Road into a melancholy backdrop for Booth newcomer Doc‘s verses, which are dedicated to his late Grandmother and a fallen homie. Notably, Williams manages to incorporate trendy, trap-style hi-hat rolls without undercutting the joint’s elegiac vibe. Details have yet to be revealed on the project to which Gone will be attached, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.