Back in July, Chi-town producer Na$im Williams introduced himself to the Booth with 61 Lilies, a dreamy summer jam featuring guest bars by Windy City buzzmakers Scheme and Sulaiman. His second feature on our pages, brought to our attention by our friends at FakeShoreDrive, is equally suited to the season of its release. On Gone, the beatsmith flips Sade‘s Long Hard Road into a melancholy backdrop for Booth newcomer Doc‘s verses, which are dedicated to his late Grandmother and a fallen homie. Notably, Williams manages to incorporate trendy, trap-style hi-hat rolls without undercutting the joint’s elegiac vibe. Details have yet to be revealed on the project to which Gone will be attached, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/25/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.