Back in July, Chi-town producer Na$im Williams introduced himself to the Booth with 61 Lilies, a dreamy summer jam featuring guest bars by Windy City buzzmakers Scheme and Sulaiman. His second feature on our pages, brought to our attention by our friends at FakeShoreDrive, is equally suited to the season of its release. On Gone, the beatsmith flips Sade‘s Long Hard Road into a melancholy backdrop for Booth newcomer Doc‘s verses, which are dedicated to his late Grandmother and a fallen homie. Notably, Williams manages to incorporate trendy, trap-style hi-hat rolls without undercutting the joint’s elegiac vibe. Details have yet to be revealed on the project to which Gone will be attached, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.