DJBooth.net is primarily a website that features hip-hop and R&B, but truth be told we love all kinds of music… as long as the quality is top notch. For example, Monkia The Brave, the latest from Sweden’s own Nadia Nair, wouldn’t be traditionally classified as “urban music,” but it is most certainly awesome, which is why we knew we must share it with our readers. Producer Victor Rådström creates an impressive landscape for Nair’s vocal performance, placing a unique vocal chop atop a catchy, accelerated instrumental that gives the track a pop/rock feel. It’s Nadia’s vocals, however, that truly command your attention. Her fiery, impassioned performance gives an otherwise bubble-gummy effort a strong, at times punk-esque edge. A fan of Monika The Brave? There is much more where it came from on Nair’s newly-released EP, The Bon Voyage, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)