An up-and-coming singer/songwriter hailing from Gothenburg, Sweden, Booth newcomer Nadia Nair boasts a style so unique that she had to coin a new genre label to describe it: Voodoo Music. What does it sound like, you ask? It’s tough to say based on a single record but, if lead EP single Bon Voyage is any indication, blues-rock, electro-pop and soul are some of the main ingredients in the mix. Over Push Play beatsmith Victor Rådström‘s instrumental, an atmospheric arrangement which builds from a spare, crunching guitar riff to a colossal, synth-laced chorus, the singer addresses cryptic, yet sultry verses to a potential suitor. Majaq Julén‘s stylish, black-and-white visuals round out the package. The EP to which this cut will be attached has yet to receive a drop date, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from this talented newcomer.
Written by richard on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monika The Brave" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.