An up-and-coming singer/songwriter hailing from Gothenburg, Sweden, Booth newcomer Nadia Nair boasts a style so unique that she had to coin a new genre label to describe it: Voodoo Music. What does it sound like, you ask? It’s tough to say based on a single record but, if lead EP single Bon Voyage is any indication, blues-rock, electro-pop and soul are some of the main ingredients in the mix. Over Push Play beatsmith Victor Rådström‘s instrumental, an atmospheric arrangement which builds from a spare, crunching guitar riff to a colossal, synth-laced chorus, the singer addresses cryptic, yet sultry verses to a potential suitor. Majaq Julén‘s stylish, black-and-white visuals round out the package. The EP to which this cut will be attached has yet to receive a drop date, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from this talented newcomer.
Written by richard on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monika The Brave" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.