An up-and-coming singer/songwriter hailing from Gothenburg, Sweden, Booth newcomer Nadia Nair boasts a style so unique that she had to coin a new genre label to describe it: Voodoo Music. What does it sound like, you ask? It’s tough to say based on a single record but, if lead EP single Bon Voyage is any indication, blues-rock, electro-pop and soul are some of the main ingredients in the mix. Over Push Play beatsmith Victor Rådström‘s instrumental, an atmospheric arrangement which builds from a spare, crunching guitar riff to a colossal, synth-laced chorus, the singer addresses cryptic, yet sultry verses to a potential suitor. Majaq Julén‘s stylish, black-and-white visuals round out the package. The EP to which this cut will be attached has yet to receive a drop date, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from this talented newcomer.
Written by richard on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monika The Brave" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.