An up-and-coming singer/songwriter hailing from Gothenburg, Sweden, Booth newcomer Nadia Nair boasts a style so unique that she had to coin a new genre label to describe it: Voodoo Music. What does it sound like, you ask? It’s tough to say based on a single record but, if lead EP single Bon Voyage is any indication, blues-rock, electro-pop and soul are some of the main ingredients in the mix. Over Push Play beatsmith Victor Rådström‘s instrumental, an atmospheric arrangement which builds from a spare, crunching guitar riff to a colossal, synth-laced chorus, the singer addresses cryptic, yet sultry verses to a potential suitor. Majaq Julén‘s stylish, black-and-white visuals round out the package. The EP to which this cut will be attached has yet to receive a drop date, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from this talented newcomer.
Written by richard on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Monika The Brave" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)