“The same mentality they’ve been using against us for 400 years, we’re using against ourselves, know what I mean? ...It’s that wolf mentality.” A first-time featuree hailing from Sac-Town, California, N-Pire Da Great reflects on the psychological scars that keep his people divided against themselves on The One, making its world premiere as the latest single off his next full-length. Backed by his own bass-fortified flip of Danish recording artist Wolf & I’s Oh Land, the artist showcases his rapid-fire flow as he depicts the treacherous, dog-eat-dog mindstate that reigns supreme both on the block and in the music game. Feeling it? This thought-provoking jam is just one of many bangers to be found on Legends Never Die, dropping digitally on Tuesday, July 16.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.