“The same mentality they’ve been using against us for 400 years, we’re using against ourselves, know what I mean? ...It’s that wolf mentality.” A first-time featuree hailing from Sac-Town, California, N-Pire Da Great reflects on the psychological scars that keep his people divided against themselves on The One, making its world premiere as the latest single off his next full-length. Backed by his own bass-fortified flip of Danish recording artist Wolf & I’s Oh Land, the artist showcases his rapid-fire flow as he depicts the treacherous, dog-eat-dog mindstate that reigns supreme both on the block and in the music game. Feeling it? This thought-provoking jam is just one of many bangers to be found on Legends Never Die, dropping digitally on Tuesday, July 16.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.