Missing from our pages since May, when he popped into the Booth with mixtape single Bullsh*t before reporting in for a three-month prison sentence, Mystikal returns to resume his comeback bid with a James Brown-inspired loosie titled Hit Me. Fans worried that those 90 days behind bars might have taken the wind of out of the emcee’s sails will be reassured by the energy he exudes over KLC‘s funky throwback grooves. Bantering with the (imaginary) audience and busting out a few of the King of Soul’s catchphrases, the New Orleans native exhibits a mic presence no less electrifying than it was in his No Limit heyday. If Hit Me leave you hungry for more new material, keep it locked; Mystikal’s YMCMB debut album, Original, has yet to receive a spot on the label’s 2013 release calendar, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/6/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)