Your typical R&B effort with a title like Many Miles might be about how far a person is willing to travel to reach their significant other. Thankfully, DJBooth newcomer Mylah isn’t your average R&B songstress so, naturally, her Many Miles has a different sound. The only distance between her and her soon-to-be ex is the one that is growing in between them. Atop the minimalist boardwork of producer Sean Hamilton, Mylah admits that, while the relationship might be over, she seems more relieved than sad about their impending breakup. The Indiana native shows considerable finesse here, supporting her lively, powerful delivery with some smoother, well-timed backup vocals. Many Miles can be found on the artist’s Silver And Gold EP, which is available for purchase via her Bandcamp page (see link above).
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/13
Frequency Music/December First Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.