Your typical R&B effort with a title like Many Miles might be about how far a person is willing to travel to reach their significant other. Thankfully, DJBooth newcomer Mylah isn’t your average R&B songstress so, naturally, her Many Miles has a different sound. The only distance between her and her soon-to-be ex is the one that is growing in between them. Atop the minimalist boardwork of producer Sean Hamilton, Mylah admits that, while the relationship might be over, she seems more relieved than sad about their impending breakup. The Indiana native shows considerable finesse here, supporting her lively, powerful delivery with some smoother, well-timed backup vocals. Many Miles can be found on the artist’s Silver And Gold EP, which is available for purchase via her Bandcamp page (see link above).
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/13
Frequency Music/December First Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)