Your typical R&B effort with a title like Many Miles might be about how far a person is willing to travel to reach their significant other. Thankfully, DJBooth newcomer Mylah isn’t your average R&B songstress so, naturally, her Many Miles has a different sound. The only distance between her and her soon-to-be ex is the one that is growing in between them. Atop the minimalist boardwork of producer Sean Hamilton, Mylah admits that, while the relationship might be over, she seems more relieved than sad about their impending breakup. The Indiana native shows considerable finesse here, supporting her lively, powerful delivery with some smoother, well-timed backup vocals. Many Miles can be found on the artist’s Silver And Gold EP, which is available for purchase via her Bandcamp page (see link above).
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
Frequency Music/December First Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.