Your typical R&B effort with a title like Many Miles might be about how far a person is willing to travel to reach their significant other. Thankfully, DJBooth newcomer Mylah isn’t your average R&B songstress so, naturally, her Many Miles has a different sound. The only distance between her and her soon-to-be ex is the one that is growing in between them. Atop the minimalist boardwork of producer Sean Hamilton, Mylah admits that, while the relationship might be over, she seems more relieved than sad about their impending breakup. The Indiana native shows considerable finesse here, supporting her lively, powerful delivery with some smoother, well-timed backup vocals. Many Miles can be found on the artist’s Silver And Gold EP, which is available for purchase via her Bandcamp page (see link above).
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
Frequency Music/December First Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.