Your typical R&B effort with a title like Many Miles might be about how far a person is willing to travel to reach their significant other. Thankfully, DJBooth newcomer Mylah isn’t your average R&B songstress so, naturally, her Many Miles has a different sound. The only distance between her and her soon-to-be ex is the one that is growing in between them. Atop the minimalist boardwork of producer Sean Hamilton, Mylah admits that, while the relationship might be over, she seems more relieved than sad about their impending breakup. The Indiana native shows considerable finesse here, supporting her lively, powerful delivery with some smoother, well-timed backup vocals. Many Miles can be found on the artist’s Silver And Gold EP, which is available for purchase via her Bandcamp page (see link above).
Written by Lucas G. on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
Frequency Music/December First Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.