Previously heard contributing guest bars to Jenilee Reyes’ Why I Love U, Denver rhymesayer Myke Charles returns to make his solo DJBooth debut with a freshly-released single off his latest street album. Angels & Demons depicts the struggle between two warring sides of the emcee’s personality: the virtuous, hard-working artist whose main priority is keeping it real, and the greedy libertine who’s more concerned about making big money (when he’s not busy having orgies with beautiful blondes). Curtis LaMonz contributes to the cut’s epic feel behind the boards, centering his instrumental around a melodramatic choral-vocal loop. Like what you’re hearing? This is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Charles’ DJ Tech-hosted Flight Plan mixtape, available online as of February 4.
Written by richard on 02/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.