Previously heard contributing guest bars to Jenilee Reyes’ Why I Love U, Denver rhymesayer Myke Charles returns to make his solo DJBooth debut with a freshly-released single off his latest street album. Angels & Demons depicts the struggle between two warring sides of the emcee’s personality: the virtuous, hard-working artist whose main priority is keeping it real, and the greedy libertine who’s more concerned about making big money (when he’s not busy having orgies with beautiful blondes). Curtis LaMonz contributes to the cut’s epic feel behind the boards, centering his instrumental around a melodramatic choral-vocal loop. Like what you’re hearing? This is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Charles’ DJ Tech-hosted Flight Plan mixtape, available online as of February 4.
Written by richard on 02/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.