Previously heard contributing guest bars to Jenilee Reyes’ Why I Love U, Denver rhymesayer Myke Charles returns to make his solo DJBooth debut with a freshly-released single off his latest street album. Angels & Demons depicts the struggle between two warring sides of the emcee’s personality: the virtuous, hard-working artist whose main priority is keeping it real, and the greedy libertine who’s more concerned about making big money (when he’s not busy having orgies with beautiful blondes). Curtis LaMonz contributes to the cut’s epic feel behind the boards, centering his instrumental around a melodramatic choral-vocal loop. Like what you’re hearing? This is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Charles’ DJ Tech-hosted Flight Plan mixtape, available online as of February 4.
Written by richard on 02/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.