Previously heard contributing guest bars to Jenilee Reyes’ Why I Love U, Denver rhymesayer Myke Charles returns to make his solo DJBooth debut with a freshly-released single off his latest street album. Angels & Demons depicts the struggle between two warring sides of the emcee’s personality: the virtuous, hard-working artist whose main priority is keeping it real, and the greedy libertine who’s more concerned about making big money (when he’s not busy having orgies with beautiful blondes). Curtis LaMonz contributes to the cut’s epic feel behind the boards, centering his instrumental around a melodramatic choral-vocal loop. Like what you’re hearing? This is just one of many quality cuts to be found on Charles’ DJ Tech-hosted Flight Plan mixtape, available online as of February 4.
Written by richard on 02/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.