Last week, Myke Bogan made a Rick Ross cannonball-sized splash with his Booth debut, Legend, coming in at #2 on our Independent Chart. Living by the saying “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” he returns with another Big Chawn-produced cut, titled The Way I Feel. If you thought Legend was chill, you haven’t heard anything yet. On The Way I Feel, Bogan couldn’t possibly get anymore laid-back, even if he was rapping from a La-Z-Boy recliner, but don’t mistake his casual approach for a lack of effort. The Midwestern emcee effortlessly dances over the Jazzy production (sampling His Pain from BJ The Chicago Kid) with a nimble flow used to deliver his tongue-twisting wordplay, highlighting the emcee’s attention to detail. Get ready to go ape-s**t over his forthcoming, Booth-hosted album, Monkeys On The Beach, which will be available for free download on March 5.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.