Last we heard from Myke Bogan, the Portland spitter was enjoying a relaxing game of billiards on May’s reader-acclaimed Pool Balls. Follow-up The Anthem deals with a game of a different kind, and one of much greater importance: namely, the game of life. (No, not the one from Milton Bradley.) Over a hazy, blunted beat by Big Chawn, the headliner links up with fellow Soar Losers Manny Monday and Tre Redeau (the latter of whom was originally meant to headline the jam) to share some casual, yet committed commentary on their musical (and erotic) ambitions. T-Spoon, Vinnie DeWayne and Stewart Villain, the remaining members of the Soar Losers collective, help sing the cut’s easygoing chorus. Fans can hear more from Bogan on his Silk Jockstrap EP, out now on iTunes via EMPIRE and Soundlapse Media.
Written by richard on 08/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.