Four months and change after hooking up with The DJBooth to drop acclaimed digital album Monkeys on the Beach, Myke Bogan is getting ready to unleash the follow-up. Those who dug the blunted, summery vibe of Beach and a Blanket can expect more of the same on Bogan’s next full-length, judging by freshly-released single Skunk Nugs. Here, Big Chawn‘s hazy keyboard loops back Bogan as he expresses his love for trees and liquor in characteristically blasé, yet skillful verses. Travis Banducci and Timslew team up to direct the record’s breezy visuals, which features Myke and his (predominantly female) clique doing a little recreational boating. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop Pretty Hesh when it drops digitally next Tuesday, July 23.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.