Four months and change after hooking up with The DJBooth to drop acclaimed digital album Monkeys on the Beach, Myke Bogan is getting ready to unleash the follow-up. Those who dug the blunted, summery vibe of Beach and a Blanket can expect more of the same on Bogan’s next full-length, judging by freshly-released single Skunk Nugs. Here, Big Chawn‘s hazy keyboard loops back Bogan as he expresses his love for trees and liquor in characteristically blasé, yet skillful verses. Travis Banducci and Timslew team up to direct the record’s breezy visuals, which features Myke and his (predominantly female) clique doing a little recreational boating. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop Pretty Hesh when it drops digitally next Tuesday, July 23.
Written by richard on 07/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.