Last we heard from Myke Bogan, the Portland rhymesayer was kicking back with some Skunk Nugs and a few beautiful women on the first song release off his latest mixtape. While new single Here We Go retains its predecessor’s blunted vibe, it depicts a more buckled-down, nose-to-the-grindstone side of the artist’s persona. Backed by Big Chawn‘s hazy bell loops and reverb-drenched percussion, the rapper touts his ironclad work ethic (“It seems I’m a go-getter….”) and his mastery of the mic in drowsy, yet driven verses. Soundlapse Media provides some trippy official visuals to complement the cut. Feeling it? More low-key bangers await on Bogan’s Pretty Hesh street album, out now online.
Written by richard on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.