Last we heard from Myke Bogan, the Portland rhymesayer was kicking back with some Skunk Nugs and a few beautiful women on the first song release off his latest mixtape. While new single Here We Go retains its predecessor’s blunted vibe, it depicts a more buckled-down, nose-to-the-grindstone side of the artist’s persona. Backed by Big Chawn‘s hazy bell loops and reverb-drenched percussion, the rapper touts his ironclad work ethic (“It seems I’m a go-getter….”) and his mastery of the mic in drowsy, yet driven verses. Soundlapse Media provides some trippy official visuals to complement the cut. Feeling it? More low-key bangers await on Bogan’s Pretty Hesh street album, out now online.
Written by richard on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.