Last we heard from Myke Bogan, the Portland rhymesayer was kicking back with some Skunk Nugs and a few beautiful women on the first song release off his latest mixtape. While new single Here We Go retains its predecessor’s blunted vibe, it depicts a more buckled-down, nose-to-the-grindstone side of the artist’s persona. Backed by Big Chawn‘s hazy bell loops and reverb-drenched percussion, the rapper touts his ironclad work ethic (“It seems I’m a go-getter….”) and his mastery of the mic in drowsy, yet driven verses. Soundlapse Media provides some trippy official visuals to complement the cut. Feeling it? More low-key bangers await on Bogan’s Pretty Hesh street album, out now online.
Written by richard on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.