Myke Bogan doesn’t need much in order to be happy; according to the Midwestern emcee’s latest single selection, all he needs is a Beach and a Blanket and he’s golden. If he can get a can of PBR, some good weed and a few homies with that, all the better. Vito establishes an appropriately mellow vibe on the production tip, layering dreamy vocal and sax samples over a languid 6/8 rhythm as the artist fills listeners in on his laissez-faire life philosophy. Portland’s Tim Slusarczyk directs the official visuals, depicting the emcee and his clique unwinding with the help of various smoking implements, a skeleton beer bong, an inflatable shark, and a slightly disturbing Reagan mask. Featuring this joint along with previously-featured cuts Legend and The Way I Feel, Bogan’s Monkeys on the Beach LP is scheduled to drop March 5, for exclusive streaming and download via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.