Myke Bogan doesn’t need much in order to be happy; according to the Midwestern emcee’s latest single selection, all he needs is a Beach and a Blanket and he’s golden. If he can get a can of PBR, some good weed and a few homies with that, all the better. Vito establishes an appropriately mellow vibe on the production tip, layering dreamy vocal and sax samples over a languid 6/8 rhythm as the artist fills listeners in on his laissez-faire life philosophy. Portland’s Tim Slusarczyk directs the official visuals, depicting the emcee and his clique unwinding with the help of various smoking implements, a skeleton beer bong, an inflatable shark, and a slightly disturbing Reagan mask. Featuring this joint along with previously-featured cuts Legend and The Way I Feel, Bogan’s Monkeys on the Beach LP is scheduled to drop March 5, for exclusive streaming and download via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.