Myke Bogan doesn’t need much in order to be happy; according to the Midwestern emcee’s latest single selection, all he needs is a Beach and a Blanket and he’s golden. If he can get a can of PBR, some good weed and a few homies with that, all the better. Vito establishes an appropriately mellow vibe on the production tip, layering dreamy vocal and sax samples over a languid 6/8 rhythm as the artist fills listeners in on his laissez-faire life philosophy. Portland’s Tim Slusarczyk directs the official visuals, depicting the emcee and his clique unwinding with the help of various smoking implements, a skeleton beer bong, an inflatable shark, and a slightly disturbing Reagan mask. Featuring this joint along with previously-featured cuts Legend and The Way I Feel, Bogan’s Monkeys on the Beach LP is scheduled to drop March 5, for exclusive streaming and download via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Buzzmaking emcee Myke Bogan wants lyricism to once again be championed in hip-hop and his new album, Monkeys On The Beach, strives to do just that. Following '12 mixtape So Long, South Dakota, the brand new 14-track LP...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)