Following an argument with a partner or spouse, it isn’t smart to grab a set of keys and take a drive. Cooling off while driving usually leads to road rage and accidents tend to occur. Unfortunately, Mya decided not to follow this advice. On the second single, Ridin’, off her September bound album Liberation, she details her traffic route past the homes of people important to her man. Included in her drive by checklist are her man’s mother, a few of his ex-girlfriends, and apparently, the “b*tch” that has caused this venture all together. The song, produced by current industry favorite C “Tricky” Stewart (Rihanna‘s Umbrella,) is an straight R&B throwback to Mya’s earlier work in the late 90’s; will it be enough to ride to the store and buy her album this Fall? Take a drive and think it over.
Written by DJ Z on 07/10/07
Submit your Rating
Planet 9/Young Empire Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lock U Down ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.