Following an argument with a partner or spouse, it isn’t smart to grab a set of keys and take a drive. Cooling off while driving usually leads to road rage and accidents tend to occur. Unfortunately, Mya decided not to follow this advice. On the second single, Ridin’, off her September bound album Liberation, she details her traffic route past the homes of people important to her man. Included in her drive by checklist are her man’s mother, a few of his ex-girlfriends, and apparently, the “b*tch” that has caused this venture all together. The song, produced by current industry favorite C “Tricky” Stewart (Rihanna‘s Umbrella,) is an straight R&B throwback to Mya’s earlier work in the late 90’s; will it be enough to ride to the store and buy her album this Fall? Take a drive and think it over.
Written by DJ Z on 07/10/07
Submit your Rating
Planet 9/Young Empire Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lock U Down" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.