M. Will the Shogun may be new to the Booth, but heads need only listen to a few bars of this newly-released joint to know that he’s got it.... Whatever “it” is. The latest single off his newly-released free album, this chilled-out banger finds the Big Apple beatsmith flipping a spacey, piano-laced sample into a hypnotic, headphone-ready backdrop for rhymes for bars from one of the game’s fastest-rising young guns. Pittsburgh wunderkind (and freestyle series alum) Mac Miller proves well-matched to the retro-informed instrumental, lacing the headliner’s melllow grooves with gymnastically-flowed yet certifiably chill meditations on his love for the music, his unstoppable grind and the inability of haters to break his stride (“All you angry motherf*ckers go and form a club, ‘when you come around me it ain’t nothin’ but love…”). Most importantly, this joint just has that certain je ne sais quoi... an X factor… you know, it. If you’re left craving more hot beats and fresh guest features, you’ll find precisely what you seek on M. Will’s new Northern Lights LP, available for download at the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 07/25/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.