Before I got this gig, I was living the nine-to-five life. While it might be good for some, an office just wasn’t the place for me. Someone else who wrestles with the cubicle grind is St. Louis emcee Mvstermind. His latest effort, NineTwoFive (Super Hero With a Day Job), featuring his own shrouded, ecletironic-inspired boardwork was birthed when his employer wanted him to make a song about the job. While most people might use the chance to get a few things off their chest (or ask for a raise), Mvstermind keeps it regularly tame. With his charismatic, crisp delivery, he does, however, still let the higher ups know that this job is merely a paycheck. His real occupation is music and with his tangible passion, it won’t be long until he says goodbye to the desk life. If you want more where this came from, be sure to check out mvster’s April LP, A.D.D. (Artistically Day Dreaming).
Written by Lucas G. on 06/28/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.