Before I got this gig, I was living the nine-to-five life. While it might be good for some, an office just wasn’t the place for me. Someone else who wrestles with the cubicle grind is St. Louis emcee Mvstermind. His latest effort, NineTwoFive (Super Hero With a Day Job), featuring his own shrouded, ecletironic-inspired boardwork was birthed when his employer wanted him to make a song about the job. While most people might use the chance to get a few things off their chest (or ask for a raise), Mvstermind keeps it regularly tame. With his charismatic, crisp delivery, he does, however, still let the higher ups know that this job is merely a paycheck. His real occupation is music and with his tangible passion, it won’t be long until he says goodbye to the desk life. If you want more where this came from, be sure to check out mvster’s April LP, A.D.D. (Artistically Day Dreaming).
Written by Lucas G. on 06/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.