Before I got this gig, I was living the nine-to-five life. While it might be good for some, an office just wasn’t the place for me. Someone else who wrestles with the cubicle grind is St. Louis emcee Mvstermind. His latest effort, NineTwoFive (Super Hero With a Day Job), featuring his own shrouded, ecletironic-inspired boardwork was birthed when his employer wanted him to make a song about the job. While most people might use the chance to get a few things off their chest (or ask for a raise), Mvstermind keeps it regularly tame. With his charismatic, crisp delivery, he does, however, still let the higher ups know that this job is merely a paycheck. His real occupation is music and with his tangible passion, it won’t be long until he says goodbye to the desk life. If you want more where this came from, be sure to check out mvster’s April LP, A.D.D. (Artistically Day Dreaming).
Written by Lucas G. on 06/28/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.