Before I got this gig, I was living the nine-to-five life. While it might be good for some, an office just wasn’t the place for me. Someone else who wrestles with the cubicle grind is St. Louis emcee Mvstermind. His latest effort, NineTwoFive (Super Hero With a Day Job), featuring his own shrouded, ecletironic-inspired boardwork was birthed when his employer wanted him to make a song about the job. While most people might use the chance to get a few things off their chest (or ask for a raise), Mvstermind keeps it regularly tame. With his charismatic, crisp delivery, he does, however, still let the higher ups know that this job is merely a paycheck. His real occupation is music and with his tangible passion, it won’t be long until he says goodbye to the desk life. If you want more where this came from, be sure to check out mvster’s April LP, A.D.D. (Artistically Day Dreaming).
Written by Lucas G. on 06/28/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.