Marv, J-heated, Gibbs and Starks may call themselves Muzik Class, but their first Booth feature sounds more suited to a lunchroom cypher. Either way, new single Hamburgers (making its world premiere right here on our front page) finds the Philly foursome “suited and booted” and ready to school the competition. Gibbs keeps it minimal on the production tip, supplementing a slow-rolling percussion rhythm with sirens and tweaked samples as the group’s mic-rocking contingent spit verses packed with off-the-wall braggadocio and trash-talk. While Marv and J’s bars boast the obligatory buffet of food-related one-liners, those who come for the “HAM” puns will stay for the emcees’ off-the-wall delivery and audacious rhyme schemes. (Apparently, it’s possible to rhyme, “Silly string” with “Billy Blanks”—who’dve thought?) Not to be outdone, guest spitter Pate announces that “I sip so much E&J it’s embedded in my DNA” and tells his peers, “You’d be mind-boggled by the sh*t I seen through my goggles.” on the back. Craving a second helping? More fresh cuts await on Muzic Class’ Freebies & Fireworks LP, scheduled for release this August.
Written by richard on 06/6/12
Submit your Rating
Break Bread Projects/SoFlo Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.