Marv, J-heated, Gibbs and Starks may call themselves Muzik Class, but their first Booth feature sounds more suited to a lunchroom cypher. Either way, new single Hamburgers (making its world premiere right here on our front page) finds the Philly foursome “suited and booted” and ready to school the competition. Gibbs keeps it minimal on the production tip, supplementing a slow-rolling percussion rhythm with sirens and tweaked samples as the group’s mic-rocking contingent spit verses packed with off-the-wall braggadocio and trash-talk. While Marv and J’s bars boast the obligatory buffet of food-related one-liners, those who come for the “HAM” puns will stay for the emcees’ off-the-wall delivery and audacious rhyme schemes. (Apparently, it’s possible to rhyme, “Silly string” with “Billy Blanks”—who’dve thought?) Not to be outdone, guest spitter Pate announces that “I sip so much E&J it’s embedded in my DNA” and tells his peers, “You’d be mind-boggled by the sh*t I seen through my goggles.” on the back. Craving a second helping? More fresh cuts await on Muzic Class’ Freebies & Fireworks LP, scheduled for release this August.
Written by richard on 06/6/12
Break Bread Projects/SoFlo Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.