I see you rubbing your eyes in disbelief. “Another fresh feature from MUZI, just a week after after he dropped the official visuals for Tribes x Angels? And it’s a Booth-exclusive world premiere?!” YEP!. That’s about the size of it. Once you’ve gotten over your shock, hit play and you’ll be transported to the “concrete jungle” the singer/songwriter calls home. Produced by Travis “Voski” Harrinton, this cut has all the aural hallmarks of a MUZI joint: murky synth ambiance, a syrupy-slow tempo, subtle hip-hop elements and so on. The artist tries something a little bit different on the mic, however, adopting an understated, half-flowed delivery to match the record’s gritty subject matter. Fans of his silky falsetto need not worry, though; the backing vocals he provides throughout this cut will undoubtedly satisfy your appetite for smoothness. YEP! isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can, of course, keep it locked to the Booth for the latest from the R&B buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.