I see you rubbing your eyes in disbelief. “Another fresh feature from MUZI, just a week after after he dropped the official visuals for Tribes x Angels? And it’s a Booth-exclusive world premiere?!” YEP!. That’s about the size of it. Once you’ve gotten over your shock, hit play and you’ll be transported to the “concrete jungle” the singer/songwriter calls home. Produced by Travis “Voski” Harrinton, this cut has all the aural hallmarks of a MUZI joint: murky synth ambiance, a syrupy-slow tempo, subtle hip-hop elements and so on. The artist tries something a little bit different on the mic, however, adopting an understated, half-flowed delivery to match the record’s gritty subject matter. Fans of his silky falsetto need not worry, though; the backing vocals he provides throughout this cut will undoubtedly satisfy your appetite for smoothness. YEP! isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can, of course, keep it locked to the Booth for the latest from the R&B buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.