I see you rubbing your eyes in disbelief. “Another fresh feature from MUZI, just a week after after he dropped the official visuals for Tribes x Angels? And it’s a Booth-exclusive world premiere?!” YEP!. That’s about the size of it. Once you’ve gotten over your shock, hit play and you’ll be transported to the “concrete jungle” the singer/songwriter calls home. Produced by Travis “Voski” Harrinton, this cut has all the aural hallmarks of a MUZI joint: murky synth ambiance, a syrupy-slow tempo, subtle hip-hop elements and so on. The artist tries something a little bit different on the mic, however, adopting an understated, half-flowed delivery to match the record’s gritty subject matter. Fans of his silky falsetto need not worry, though; the backing vocals he provides throughout this cut will undoubtedly satisfy your appetite for smoothness. YEP! isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can, of course, keep it locked to the Booth for the latest from the R&B buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.