I see you rubbing your eyes in disbelief. “Another fresh feature from MUZI, just a week after after he dropped the official visuals for Tribes x Angels? And it’s a Booth-exclusive world premiere?!” YEP!. That’s about the size of it. Once you’ve gotten over your shock, hit play and you’ll be transported to the “concrete jungle” the singer/songwriter calls home. Produced by Travis “Voski” Harrinton, this cut has all the aural hallmarks of a MUZI joint: murky synth ambiance, a syrupy-slow tempo, subtle hip-hop elements and so on. The artist tries something a little bit different on the mic, however, adopting an understated, half-flowed delivery to match the record’s gritty subject matter. Fans of his silky falsetto need not worry, though; the backing vocals he provides throughout this cut will undoubtedly satisfy your appetite for smoothness. YEP! isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can, of course, keep it locked to the Booth for the latest from the R&B buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.