If the DJBooth were to have a Valentine, it might just be Muzi. Not only are we enamored with his unique R&B talents, but we sorta have a thing going with him. His last two albums, Somnolence and Somnolence Vol. II, were exclusives with us; so yeah, it’s pretty serious. Today, the ATL resident returns with a gift in the form of a unique effort entitled Tribes x Angels. As Muzi serenades listeners with his silky crooning—and shows us his impressive range—his guest, Divine Cight, adds with some bass to the tune with a raspy, smoky contribution. Though the artists’ vocals differ, LA Cha$e‘s dripping, ambient boardwork is versatile enough to bring out the best from both and the result is near perfection from start to finish. While Tribes x Angels is set to appear on Muzi’s upcoming release, the project has yet to receive a title or drop date. Keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Update: We have added the Rich Meade-directed visuals for Muzi’s Tribes x Angels single.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.