If the DJBooth were to have a Valentine, it might just be Muzi. Not only are we enamored with his unique R&B talents, but we sorta have a thing going with him. His last two albums, Somnolence and Somnolence Vol. II, were exclusives with us; so yeah, it’s pretty serious. Today, the ATL resident returns with a gift in the form of a unique effort entitled Tribes x Angels. As Muzi serenades listeners with his silky crooning—and shows us his impressive range—his guest, Divine Cight, adds with some bass to the tune with a raspy, smoky contribution. Though the artists’ vocals differ, LA Cha$e‘s dripping, ambient boardwork is versatile enough to bring out the best from both and the result is near perfection from start to finish. While Tribes x Angels is set to appear on Muzi’s upcoming release, the project has yet to receive a title or drop date. Keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Update: We have added the Rich Meade-directed visuals for Muzi’s Tribes x Angels single.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)