If the DJBooth were to have a Valentine, it might just be Muzi. Not only are we enamored with his unique R&B talents, but we sorta have a thing going with him. His last two albums, Somnolence and Somnolence Vol. II, were exclusives with us; so yeah, it’s pretty serious. Today, the ATL resident returns with a gift in the form of a unique effort entitled Tribes x Angels. As Muzi serenades listeners with his silky crooning—and shows us his impressive range—his guest, Divine Cight, adds with some bass to the tune with a raspy, smoky contribution. Though the artists’ vocals differ, LA Cha$e‘s dripping, ambient boardwork is versatile enough to bring out the best from both and the result is near perfection from start to finish. While Tribes x Angels is set to appear on Muzi’s upcoming release, the project has yet to receive a title or drop date. Keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Update: We have added the Rich Meade-directed visuals for Muzi’s Tribes x Angels single.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.