Muzi never seems to get a break on the romantic tip—though it was just this past July that we heard him venting his post-breakup regrets on the quietly anguished Secret Song, the ATL crooner’s already struggling to extricate himself from another doomed love on his latest effort. Making its world premiere on our front page, Time [Frost] finds Shoden!1 once again handling production duties; over his frequent collaborator’s haunting blend of ambient synths and ghostly backing vocals, borrowed from a cut by Witch-house (Yes, that is apparently a real genre) ensemble SALEM, Muzi informs his soon-to-be-ex that, no matter what she says or does, there’s no repairing their relationship: “We can argue, I can fuss at and you can fuss back, hit me, scream and tell me to get the f*ck back… but that won’t change the fact that we’re over.” As poignant and atmospheric as anything we’ve heard from the rising star, this record is sure to earn heavy rotation from fans of moody R&B sounds. Though Time isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those who haven’t copped it already can hear more on Muzi’s Booth-sponsored debut mix-album, Somnolence, available here for streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.