Muzi never seems to get a break on the romantic tip—though it was just this past July that we heard him venting his post-breakup regrets on the quietly anguished Secret Song, the ATL crooner’s already struggling to extricate himself from another doomed love on his latest effort. Making its world premiere on our front page, Time [Frost] finds Shoden!1 once again handling production duties; over his frequent collaborator’s haunting blend of ambient synths and ghostly backing vocals, borrowed from a cut by Witch-house (Yes, that is apparently a real genre) ensemble SALEM, Muzi informs his soon-to-be-ex that, no matter what she says or does, there’s no repairing their relationship: “We can argue, I can fuss at and you can fuss back, hit me, scream and tell me to get the f*ck back… but that won’t change the fact that we’re over.” As poignant and atmospheric as anything we’ve heard from the rising star, this record is sure to earn heavy rotation from fans of moody R&B sounds. Though Time isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those who haven’t copped it already can hear more on Muzi’s Booth-sponsored debut mix-album, Somnolence, available here for streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.