There’s nothing like being in love to make you feel like you can accomplish anything. Except maybe a handful of Adderall, or a few lines of cocaine—neurochemically speaking, it’s pretty much the same difference. Regardless, it’s pretty damn dope while it lasts. Making its world premiere on our front page just in time for Valentine’s Day, the inaugural leak off Muzi‘s forthcoming digital album finds the A-Town so taken with a certain woman that the merest glimpse of her face leaves him feeling downright Superhuman. And she hasn’t even requited his love yet. Over producer/co-songwriter Shoeden1!‘s majestic synth boardwork, the singer pours out his heart to the woman in question, exulting in his new found feelings of strength and imagining just how powerful a pair they’d make if they were together. Will Muzi’s soulful entreaties hit their mark? Let’s hope so, because that comedown’s a b*tch. The artist’s Somnolence Vol. II LP has yet to receive a drop date, but those digging this lovestruck banger can still stream and download its reader-acclaimed precursor for free in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.