He said “In the scheme of things…I’m not a factor at all.” Definitely words to think about in a world where people seem hellbent on multi-tasking and making the simplest things as complicated as possible. Muzi, whose recent debut on Dear Heartbeat introduced fans to a artist who is down to be simply real, returns with his new world order track Factor. The ATLlien breaks through the superficial “me-me-me” mindstate that is funneled through every social media vehicle and takes an introspective look at his position in the real world. Producer Shoden!1, the main musical mind behind Muzi, presents a universe of sounds as he intertwines the tight drum patterns of the popular dubstep sound with New Age vocalists and samples of Japanese martial arts films. You can call this music at its trillest, new age hip-hop, whatever; just call it original. Those anticipating Muzi’s upcoming album, Somnolence, will just have to wait until next week and in the meantime content themselves with keeping Factor on repeat until they drift off into a hazy, musical sleep.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 06/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.