He said “In the scheme of things…I’m not a factor at all.” Definitely words to think about in a world where people seem hellbent on multi-tasking and making the simplest things as complicated as possible. Muzi, whose recent debut on Dear Heartbeat introduced fans to a artist who is down to be simply real, returns with his new world order track Factor. The ATLlien breaks through the superficial “me-me-me” mindstate that is funneled through every social media vehicle and takes an introspective look at his position in the real world. Producer Shoden!1, the main musical mind behind Muzi, presents a universe of sounds as he intertwines the tight drum patterns of the popular dubstep sound with New Age vocalists and samples of Japanese martial arts films. You can call this music at its trillest, new age hip-hop, whatever; just call it original. Those anticipating Muzi’s upcoming album, Somnolence, will just have to wait until next week and in the meantime content themselves with keeping Factor on repeat until they drift off into a hazy, musical sleep.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 06/27/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)