He said “In the scheme of things…I’m not a factor at all.” Definitely words to think about in a world where people seem hellbent on multi-tasking and making the simplest things as complicated as possible. Muzi, whose recent debut on Dear Heartbeat introduced fans to a artist who is down to be simply real, returns with his new world order track Factor. The ATLlien breaks through the superficial “me-me-me” mindstate that is funneled through every social media vehicle and takes an introspective look at his position in the real world. Producer Shoden!1, the main musical mind behind Muzi, presents a universe of sounds as he intertwines the tight drum patterns of the popular dubstep sound with New Age vocalists and samples of Japanese martial arts films. You can call this music at its trillest, new age hip-hop, whatever; just call it original. Those anticipating Muzi’s upcoming album, Somnolence, will just have to wait until next week and in the meantime content themselves with keeping Factor on repeat until they drift off into a hazy, musical sleep.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 06/27/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.