Hip-Hop has always seemed to garner both criticism and praise due to the way in which it evolves from decade to decade, but if you really want to talk about a genre evolving then look no further than R&B. No longer content with belting out moving ballads about the highs and lows of love it seems that a lot of R&B singers have begun to blend multiple genres. A great example of this new-found style is Experimental, a stand out selection from Atlanta crooner Muzi‘s newest project release. On Experimental the artist’s vocal on the record is as addictively soulful as the heavy 80’s electro-like production, which comes courtesy of fellow Atlantan and longtime collaborator Shoden!1. If Muzi and Shoden!1’s experimental mix (pun intended) caught your interest then be sure to check out the singer’s Somnolence Vol. II, available for free stream and download at The DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.