Hip-Hop has always seemed to garner both criticism and praise due to the way in which it evolves from decade to decade, but if you really want to talk about a genre evolving then look no further than R&B. No longer content with belting out moving ballads about the highs and lows of love it seems that a lot of R&B singers have begun to blend multiple genres. A great example of this new-found style is Experimental, a stand out selection from Atlanta crooner Muzi‘s newest project release. On Experimental the artist’s vocal on the record is as addictively soulful as the heavy 80’s electro-like production, which comes courtesy of fellow Atlantan and longtime collaborator Shoden!1. If Muzi and Shoden!1’s experimental mix (pun intended) caught your interest then be sure to check out the singer’s Somnolence Vol. II, available for free stream and download at The DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/1/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.