Whether it’s Prince waxing poetic about the allure of a Little Red Corvette or UGK admitting that women “...ain’t tripping on me, they wanna f*ck my car,” artists through the ages have recognized the erotic appeal in the sinuous curves and glossy surfaces of modern-day vehicles. No stranger to the paradoxical allure of a Cold Machine, Muzi carries this theme to the final frontier on a standout cut off his forthcoming mixtape. Making its world premiere in the Booth, this joint finds beatsmith Shoden!1 blending delayed keyboard riffs and mechanical percussion into a sultry 80’s synth pop-informed groove as the headliner pays breathy tribute to a ride so fly that it looks like it could blast off into outer-space at any moment. Fellow A-town innovators Aleon Craft and Spree Wilson assist on the guest tip, the former showing off the speakers on his“smokadelic mothership” and the latter decking his vessel out in old-school wood and candy paint. Enjoyed the ride? Then be sure to check back with us tomorrow, July 6, when Muzi’s Booth-hosted Somnolence street album hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 07/5/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.