Whether it’s Prince waxing poetic about the allure of a Little Red Corvette or UGK admitting that women “...ain’t tripping on me, they wanna f*ck my car,” artists through the ages have recognized the erotic appeal in the sinuous curves and glossy surfaces of modern-day vehicles. No stranger to the paradoxical allure of a Cold Machine, Muzi carries this theme to the final frontier on a standout cut off his forthcoming mixtape. Making its world premiere in the Booth, this joint finds beatsmith Shoden!1 blending delayed keyboard riffs and mechanical percussion into a sultry 80’s synth pop-informed groove as the headliner pays breathy tribute to a ride so fly that it looks like it could blast off into outer-space at any moment. Fellow A-town innovators Aleon Craft and Spree Wilson assist on the guest tip, the former showing off the speakers on his“smokadelic mothership” and the latter decking his vessel out in old-school wood and candy paint. Enjoyed the ride? Then be sure to check back with us tomorrow, July 6, when Muzi’s Booth-hosted Somnolence street album hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 07/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.