Whether it’s Prince waxing poetic about the allure of a Little Red Corvette or UGK admitting that women “...ain’t tripping on me, they wanna f*ck my car,” artists through the ages have recognized the erotic appeal in the sinuous curves and glossy surfaces of modern-day vehicles. No stranger to the paradoxical allure of a Cold Machine, Muzi carries this theme to the final frontier on a standout cut off his forthcoming mixtape. Making its world premiere in the Booth, this joint finds beatsmith Shoden!1 blending delayed keyboard riffs and mechanical percussion into a sultry 80’s synth pop-informed groove as the headliner pays breathy tribute to a ride so fly that it looks like it could blast off into outer-space at any moment. Fellow A-town innovators Aleon Craft and Spree Wilson assist on the guest tip, the former showing off the speakers on his“smokadelic mothership” and the latter decking his vessel out in old-school wood and candy paint. Enjoyed the ride? Then be sure to check back with us tomorrow, July 6, when Muzi’s Booth-hosted Somnolence street album hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 07/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.