Whether it’s Prince waxing poetic about the allure of a Little Red Corvette or UGK admitting that women “...ain’t tripping on me, they wanna f*ck my car,” artists through the ages have recognized the erotic appeal in the sinuous curves and glossy surfaces of modern-day vehicles. No stranger to the paradoxical allure of a Cold Machine, Muzi carries this theme to the final frontier on a standout cut off his forthcoming mixtape. Making its world premiere in the Booth, this joint finds beatsmith Shoden!1 blending delayed keyboard riffs and mechanical percussion into a sultry 80’s synth pop-informed groove as the headliner pays breathy tribute to a ride so fly that it looks like it could blast off into outer-space at any moment. Fellow A-town innovators Aleon Craft and Spree Wilson assist on the guest tip, the former showing off the speakers on his“smokadelic mothership” and the latter decking his vessel out in old-school wood and candy paint. Enjoyed the ride? Then be sure to check back with us tomorrow, July 6, when Muzi’s Booth-hosted Somnolence street album hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 07/5/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)