Maybe you missed Muzi‘s Somnolence Vol. II LP when it hit The DJBooth this past July. Maybe you didn’t even know you missed it till you read that last sentence. If that’s the case, count yourself lucky, because the hype train’s pulled back into the station with the release of standout cut Blood, a record currently under consideration for release as a single. Characteristically of the ATL singer’s output, this joint packs a powerful combo of aural atmosphere and left-of-center lyricism, with production partner Shoden!1 crafting a dense, cinematic instrumental arrangement to back Muzi’s ominous, yet soothing verses. How about it, readers: does Blood sound like a hit? Debate away—and, if you haven’t already, click here to cop the full project for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.