Maybe you missed Muzi‘s Somnolence Vol. II LP when it hit The DJBooth this past July. Maybe you didn’t even know you missed it till you read that last sentence. If that’s the case, count yourself lucky, because the hype train’s pulled back into the station with the release of standout cut Blood, a record currently under consideration for release as a single. Characteristically of the ATL singer’s output, this joint packs a powerful combo of aural atmosphere and left-of-center lyricism, with production partner Shoden!1 crafting a dense, cinematic instrumental arrangement to back Muzi’s ominous, yet soothing verses. How about it, readers: does Blood sound like a hit? Debate away—and, if you haven’t already, click here to cop the full project for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/23/12
Last July, we introduced the world to Atlanta buzzmaker Muzi and his free album Somnolence. Now, a little more than a year later, we are re-introducing the singer/songwriter with sequel project Somnolence Vol. II. Produced...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)