Maybe you missed Muzi‘s Somnolence Vol. II LP when it hit The DJBooth this past July. Maybe you didn’t even know you missed it till you read that last sentence. If that’s the case, count yourself lucky, because the hype train’s pulled back into the station with the release of standout cut Blood, a record currently under consideration for release as a single. Characteristically of the ATL singer’s output, this joint packs a powerful combo of aural atmosphere and left-of-center lyricism, with production partner Shoden!1 crafting a dense, cinematic instrumental arrangement to back Muzi’s ominous, yet soothing verses. How about it, readers: does Blood sound like a hit? Debate away—and, if you haven’t already, click here to cop the full project for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 10/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dear Heartbeat" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)